We’re hiring! BTV is looking for an Assistant Analyst. This is a paid position, in a part-time contract role, looking to start as soon as possible.
- *Update major-league player valuations: input data into models, update the back end of the website. Some analysis is involved in the process.
- *Update minor-league player valuations, keeping track of updates from public evaluators: input data into models, update the back end of the website.
- *Write or contribute to articles as needed, making use of BTV data to inform article ideas.
- *Experience with sports analytics, either professionally or academically
- *Basic understanding of the business side of baseball
- *Moderate level of experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets spreadsheets
- *Experience with website writing, either professionally or academically
- *Availability to work long hours during busy periods
- *Interest in model-building, for baseball and/or other sports is a plus
- *Experience with social media posting is a plus
If interested, please send us an email with a brief summary of your qualifications, and a word or two about why you’d like to help us out. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org